- How do I invest in Global Self Storage?
Global Self Storage's common stock is listed on The Nasdaq Capital Markets under the ticker "SELF" and shares may be bought and sold through brokerage firms. Your broker should be able to assist you.
- Is the Company still a closed end fund?
No. Effective January 19, 2016, the Company is no longer a closed end fund.
- What features does the Company currently make available to its stockholders?
Among the features that Global Self Storage offers to its stockholders are:
- Quarterly dividend payments - dividends have been paid every year since the Company was founded in 1983.
- Liquidity - shares are listed for trading on The Nasdaq Capital Markets under the ticker "SELF."
- Can my dividends be sent directly to my bank account?
Yes, the Transfer Agent will send your dividends to your bank account upon request. To obtain the appropriate form, please call the Transfer Agent toll-free at 1-800-937-5449.
- Who do I notify of an address change?
The Transfer Agent at American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC, 6201 15th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219. Be sure to call the Transfer Agent at 1-800-937-5449 for complete instructions. You may be required to obtain a signature guarantee, which can be obtained from a bank or registered securities dealer.
- If I want to give shares to children, grandchildren, or a charity, for example, how do I do it?
Call or write to the Transfer Agent stating your gift plans and the Agent will send you the instructions and necessary forms to make the transfer. A charity will normally supply forms.
- How do I replace a lost certificate(s) or correct a spelling error on my certificate?
The Company no longer issues stock certificates. The Transfer Agent will create an account for the stockholder with the shares held in book entry form.
- Why are corrected 1099-DIV forms issued?
You may receive a corrected Form 1099-DIV to reflect reclassified information. Form 1099-DIV is issued with the classification or tax character of the dividends known at the time of the required 1099 issue date. However, when necessary, we may make adjustments or corrections following the required 1099 issue date. We are required to re-issue a corrected Form 1099-DIV with the changes when known to both you and the IRS. Use the information on the corrected Form 1099-DIV to prepare your tax returns.
- Who are the company's independent auditors?
RSM US LLP
200 Elm Street
Stamford, CT 06902
- Can I request to receive all SEC filings, annual reports, and/or proxy statements electronically rather than through the mail?
Global Self Storage encourages environmental conservatism. An online version of the company’s Annual Report, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks and other SEC filings are available on the investor relations website on the SEC Filings page.
- How do I contact the Investor Relations department with a question or request?
You can contact our Investor Relations department here.